What is Rotary?
Rotary is an organization of business and professional men and women united worldwide who provide humanitarian service, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, and help build goodwill and peace in the world. (Rotary is a non-religious, non- political organization)
Object of Rotary
The object of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and, in particular, to encourage and foster:
- First: The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service;
- Second: High ethical standards in business and professions; the recognition of worthiness of all useful occupations; and the dignifying by each Rotarian of his or her occupation as an opportunity to serve society;
- Third: The application of the ideal of service by every Rotarian to his or her personal, business and community life;
- Fourth: The advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional men and women united in the ideal of service.
The Four Way Test
of the Things We Think, Say and Do
- Is it the TRUTH?
- Is it FAIR to all concerned?
- Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
- Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned
"Service Above Self"
"He Profits Most Who Serves Best"
The Five Avenues of Service:
A Rotarian may be of service to his/her Club through any of the five avenues of service. The Five Avenues of Service are:
- Club Service
- Community Service
- Vocational Service
- International Service
- New Generations Service